Join KEW in Leatherhead
Our team in Leatherhead have a vacancy for a Business Development manager. If you think you have what it takes to join our award-winning electrical wholesalers, get in touch with our HR Department.
A Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate must have previous experience in the industry to be able to deal effectively with customers face to face and over the telephone and be able to drive: Main duties include:
- To assess the spend of existing customers and implement actions to increase both sales and profit.
- To identify both ‘declining’ and ‘lost’ customers and take action to regain sales and profit from these accounts
- To ensure the branch promotes profitable product groups ahead of others.
- To build and maintain successful partnerships with suppliers to improve sales and profitability of their product range.
Trade Counter / Telephone Sales
- To ensure a first class telephone sales and trade counter service is in place to generate loyal regular customers.
- To ensure ‘order to place’ quotations are proactively chased.
- To ensure regular special offers and promotions are in place to generate additional sales and profit.
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure the trade counter has regular events or promotions (eg breakfast mornings, supplier of the month activities etc)
- To maintain and utilise a customer mailing list to enable special offers or events to be communicated.
- To ensure that KEW are regularly promoted to the local market (eg local advertising, branch open days)
- Develop personal skills and capability through various means including on the job learning through colleagues, reading trade journals, research, as well as internal or external courses approved by the company.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies.