Shaftesbury Trade Counter/Stores Vacancy
We are looking to recruit a Trade Counter/stores for our Shaftesbury branch based at 3 Longmead, Longmead Industrial Estate, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 8PL. The ideal candidate must have previous experience in the industry and/or product knowledge to be able to deal with customer face to face on our trade counter.
Main duties include:
- Answer the telephone/serve on the counter, taking enquiries and orders plus processing, responding to and chasing quotes and orders. Also assisting customers both on the telephone and face to face with quotations, product information and pricing queries.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and sales methods, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Prepare new displays for the counter with offers or new products and contribute to the effective operation of the business through active participation in activities such as local promotions.
- Carry out daily counter check list.
- To ensure stock arriving at warehouse is accepted, signed for and entered into stock control system in a timely manner.
- To report breakages and/or missing items to the supplier as soon as possible from any delivery.
- To put away stock in a timely and safe manner.
- To ensure inter branch transfers are dealt with in an effective manner, ensuring they are ready for collection from link van drivers.
- To chase any supplier that has not collected returns in a two month period.
- To assist in the preparation and count process for any company stock take.
- To maintain a tidy, safe and manageable working environment, adhering to all safe working practises, ensuring any accidents or near misses are reported to the Branch or Office Manager immediately.
The hours of work are 8-5, Monday–Friday. We offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, pension and 23 days holiday plus public holidays.
If you’re interested and would like to know more, contact our HR Department.