Stores/Trade Counter vacancy at KEW Haywards Heath
*THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED*
We have a vacancy at our Haywards Heath branch for a Stores/Trade Counter/Relief Driver. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in the industry and/or product knowledge to be able to deal with customers face to face on the trade counter and must be able to drive. Main duties include:
- To ensure stock arriving at warehouse is accepted, signed for and entered into stock control system in a timely manner.
- To report breakages and/or missing items to the supplier as soon as possible from any delivery.
- To put away stock in a timely and safe manner.
- To ensure inter branch transfers are dealt with in an effective manner, ensuring they are ready for collection from link van drivers.
- To chase any supplier that has not collected returns in a two month period.
- To assist in the preparation and count process for any company stock take.
- To maintain a tidy, safe and manageable working environment, adhering to all safe working practises, ensuring any accidents or near misses are reported to the Branch or Office Manager immediately.
- Cover for multi drop delivery driver.
- Answer the telephone/serve on the counter, taking enquiries and orders plus processing, responding to and chasing quotes and orders. Also assisting customers both on the telephone and face to face with quotations, product information and pricing queries.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and sales methods, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Prepare new displays for the counter with offers or new products and contribute to the effective operation of the business through active participation in activities such as local promotions.
- Carry out daily counter check list.
If you are considering applying for this position please ensure you speak to your own manager first to express your interest.
Should you require any further information, please contact HR – email@example.com